Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Faith

My faith is not perfect, but it is centered on someone who is perfect. Jesus Christ.

Faith is more than merely believing. Faith is trust and confidence in something or someone. I have not always had faith in Jesus Christ. It is hard to have confidence in someone you don't know, and due to my understanding of religion I had little desire to get to know Him. Even when I turned again to reading from the scriptures I had no clue that I could feel like I actually know Christ and He knows me. Thankfully I did begin to give it a chance though. I read through the Book of Mormon and the New Testament and felt like I was beginning to understand who Christ is, and when I added daily prayer to daily scripture study I began to feel His love for me. I really didn't understand what faith was, but it was growing in me. I now know much more about faith. The Bible Dictionary has helped me to understand better what faith is, but mainly I've learned about faith by the increased faith that I have.

I've had the awesome experience of seeing many people put faith into action, and I've seen miraculous results. If anyone wants to better understand what faith is or how anyone could possibly have faith in an unseen thing, understanding begins by seeking it. On lds.org you can read the scriptures, and on mormon.org you can get to know some of my basic beliefs. Also, I'd be more than happy to chat with anyone who is seeking understanding or who is simply curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment